10 Great Reasons to List Your Home During the Holiday
To many people, selling a home during the holiday season seems like a stressful, unproductive experience. The truth is, listing during the holidays may be beneficial in numerous ways. Here are a few examples of how putting your home on the market “off-season” can work to your advantage:
• People who look for a home during the holidays are more serious buyers
• Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays, less inventory, so you have less competition – After the holidays the supply of listings increases substantially which lowers the demand for your home
• Houses “show better” when decorated for the holidays – who doesn’t love the “homey” feeling that holiday decor provides
• Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays – opposed to regular work and school schedules during non-seasonal times
• Many people want to buy before the end of next year for tax reasons
• Buyers are more emotional during the holidays
• January is traditionally the month for transfers. Transferees can’t wait until Spring to buy – You must be in the market to capture the market
• You may still restrict showings during your personal family events
• You can sell now, but specify a delated closing or extended occupancy until early next year if you so desire
• By selling now you have the opportunity to buy during the spring, when more property choices are on the market
THE BOTTOM LINE?
By listing now you may have fewer actual showings, but your home could be showcased in front of more qualified and motivated buyers.
You have less competition, which can result in a quicker sale
and better price for you!
If you, or someone you know, has an interest in listing, please consider taking advantage of winter’s landscape to showcase your property to a serious market. The Moore Team is more than happy to help make your holiday dreams come true!
The MOORE TEAM
Keller Williams Select Realtors
410 677 0909 (Office)
443 944 0756 (Fax)
Licensed in DE and MD
Interested in a career in Real estate? Ask me how!
2007 “Rookie of the Year”
2008 “Agent of the Year”
2010 “Gung-Ho” Award
2011 “Top Producer”
2013 “Multi Million Dollar Producer”
2014 “Multi-Million Dollar Producer”
2015 “Multi-Million Dollar Producer